Terms and Conditions of our Services
These are the terms of service for Emergenyman Ltd, 5 Monkswood Hill, Leeds, LS14 1DR 0113 2329556
Registered in England and Wales. Company number 12301268
- Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the execution of the works, no responsibility can be accepted for any faults or failures that may occur to existing pipework, fittings, equipment, etc. due to disturbance caused by the proposed works or any consequential loss such as water damage.
- The attached quote is based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and, as such, it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to are in good condition and in working order. Should we find during the course of the works any faults with the existing systems we reserve the right to make a charge for additional work.
- If, during the execution of the proposed works it is necessary to gain access into floors below fitted carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back on completion. No re-stretching or fixing has been allowed for unless specified. For floors covered with thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering, cork tiles or laminate flooring, no allowance has been made for re- instatement unless specified, these may break on lifting and will need replacing at the customers cost.
- During the execution of the proposed works, it may be necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical services. This will be advised in good time and the period of isolation will be as short as possible.
- New installs carried out will be guaranteed for a period of twelve months from date of completion against faulty materials and workmanship. Repairs to existing plumbing are guaranteed 100 days. Temporary repairs, drain unblocking and issues caused by prior poor workmanship or where further recommended work has not been carried out are not guaranteed. Problems caused by high water pressure or contaminated water are not guaranteed. Additional or further work is chargeable at our usual rates. We cannot always return to complaints immediately but will do so within 24 hours.
- The price specified does not include for the removal of any waste materials unless otherwise stated.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all children and pets are kept away from the areas in which we are working. Due to site dangers such as trip hazards, power tools etc. it is advisable for customers and staff not to enter the work area.
- Whilst all holes formed during the execution of the proposed works will be made good on completion, no allowance has been made for re-instatement of decorations. We do not decorate, paint or tile unless specifically stated. We are not responsible for minor dints, scratches or stains that are to be expected when having building work carried out, nor prior poor condition of any part of the building.
- Any panels or boxings that have been removed will be replaced as good as reasonably practical where possible, however damage can occur on removal and in this case, we cannot be held responsible.
- In some circumstances a payment in advance is required, this is usually the case with rental or business properties. Upon your agreement for us to carry out estimated or Pre Booked work, a deposit payment of 50% of the total is payable immediately
- Parts and materials fixed or unfixed remain the property of Emergencyman Ltd until paid for in full and we may gain entry at any time without notice to retake goods.
12 Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but should take less than an hour. Unless stated otherwise or for hourly rate work parts will be charged at the retail price of Woolseley where possible.
- Customers are to pay all parking charges. We will park as near as possible, but customers are charged for walking time to and from parked vehicles. Alternatively, If the customer would rather us park in a loading bay etc, then they are responsible for any fines or penalties.
14 There is a cancellation charge which is equivalent to one hour’s labour should the customer cancel within 8 hours of scheduled arrival time. There is also a one-hour charge if we arrive on site and cannot proceed for reasons such as no access or lack or wrong customer supplied materials etc. Any deposits are not refundable.
- Payment terms are on completion of work (less any amounts already paid). For the avoidance of doubt, this means immediately and before the tradesmen have left site. We may make administration charges in the event of late payment currently at £30 per phone call, email or letter. Debt collection and court fees will be adding to any late payments as well as interest at 8% above the Bank of England base rate. If signing for a business or limited company the customer gives a personal guarantee that any payments will be met.